The mission of the Mineral County Clerk & Recorder’s Office Election Department is to serve the public of Mineral County by performing all constitutional and statutory duties, ensuring the integrity of elections.
The Election Department is run by the County Clerk & Recorder who is the Chief Election Official for all Mineral County Elections. The Election Department conducts all Federal, State, County and School District Elections in addition to conducting Coordinated Elections for Special Districts. The Election Department also serves as the custodian of all voter registration records for voters in Mineral County.
How Do I Register To Vote?
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the State of Colorado and the precinct in which the person intends to register for at least 22 days immediately prior to the election
- At least 16 Years old
No person while serving a sentence of detention or confinement in a correctional facility, jail location a felony conviction or while serving a sentence of parole shall be eligible to register to vote or vote in any election.
Anyone registering to vote must sign the self-affirmation.
I affirm that I am a citizen of the United States, I have been a resident of the State of Colorado for at least twenty-two days immediately prior to an election in which I intend to vote; and I am at least sixteen years old and understand that I must be eighteen years old to be eligible to vote. I further affirm that my present address as stated herein in my sole legal residence, that I claim no other place as my legal residence, and that I understand that I am committing a felony if I knowingly give false information regarding my place of present residence. I certify under penalty of perjury that I meet the registration qualification; that the information I have provided on this application is true to the best of my knowledge and belief; and that I have not, nor will I, cast more than one ballot in any election.
Every person who registers to vote for the first time in Colorado must provide a copy of an acceptable ID, with some exceptions:
- The person provides a Colorado driver's license or state ID card number ad the information is verified. This check is performed automatically when the application is processed.
- The person provides the last four digits of his or her social security number and the information is verified through Help America Vote Verification. The Secretary of State's office performs this check monthly.
- The applicant falls into one of three groups exempt under federal law from providing a copy of ID:
- Individuals with a disability
- Individuals 65 or older
- Military and overseas members
Registering for the 1st time or updating your current registration
If you have a valid Colorado Driver's License you may register online by visiting govotecolorado.gov. Once registered, you may visit govotecolorado.com to view and/or update your voter registration record, and track your ballot status.
You may also register when you apply for or renew your Colorado Driver’s License.
Alternately, you may register to vote at the office of the Mineral County Election’s office, the Department of Human Services or via an approved Voter Registration Drive.
Lastly, you may print the voter registration form and return it to the Mineral County Election's Office.