Vehicle Registrations

About the Motor Vehicle Division

The Mineral County Motor Vehicle Division handles the licensing and registration of vehicles for Mineral County citizens. Mineral County has the capability for processing online vehicle renewals at this time.

To renew your license plate(s) please use the link below:

License Plate Renewal

New County Citizens

If you recently moved to,Mineral County, you must apply for a Colorado title and registration immediately upon establishing residency. A resident is a person who meets any of the following criteria:

  • Has obtained gainful employment in the State of Colorado
  • Has resided within the State of Colorado continuously for a period of 90 days
  • Owns or operates a business in Colorado


We accept credit cards, checks and cash. A 2.7% portal fee will be collected in addition to the card charge.

Title Liens

If you have a lien on the vehicle, meaning that you are making payments to a lender, you will need a Security Agreement/Loan Agreement. The Security Agreement must include the following information:

  • Description of the vehicle, including year, make, and VIN
  • Lien holder's name and address
  • Original or legible fax copy of lien document
  • Total amount of payments (amount of lien)

Late Registration Fees

Colorado motor vehicle registrations have a 30-day grace period. Once your registration has expired beyond that 30 day grace period, a late fee of $25 per month is incurred up to $100.

Temporary Permits

Expired temporary permit registrations are also included in the $25 penalty. There is no grace period for permits.


Late fees for any type of trailer expired more than the 30 day grace period is one $10 flat fee.

Disabled Parking Placard

The disabled parking plate/placard application must be completed by a medical professional prior to renewing or applying for the placard and/or disabled licensed plate. Any of these medical professionals are able to verify an applicant's disability for applying for disability parking privileges:

  • Advance practice nurse
  • Colorado-licensed physician
  • Commissioned medical officer
  • Physician's assistant
  • Podiatrist

We can only issue placards to Colorado Driver\'s License or Identification holders only. Out-of-state doctors may fill out a Colorado form if that doctor is from New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nebraska, Kansas or Oklahoma

Colorado Plate Ownership

Colorado plates remain with the customer, not the vehicle. If a vehicle is sold or traded, license plates should be removed. A pro-rata portion of the registration fees may be credited toward the same owner's renewal or new vehicle registration, provided that the registration has not expired at the time of the credit.