Mineral County Board of Commissioners met in a regularly scheduled meeting on June 4, 2021. Items of interest included:
- Larry Brown, new CSU Extension Director attended the meeting to introduce himself and schedule a work session with the Commissioners (scheduled for June 16)
- Road Supervisor Dannie Rogers reported that Mag Chloride will be laid down on Deep Creek Rd, Middle Creek Rd, Corsair Drive and Big Meadows Rd June 21-23
- Dannie also reported the progress on the new trash pit at the landfill - scheduled to be completed June 25 - more information will follow
- Sheriff Fred Hosselkus met with the Commissioners to discuss some of the bugs that are being worked out with the new dispatch service being done by Colorado State Patrol Dispatch
- Silver Thread Public Health Director, Tara Hardy, gave a brief update on COVID reposnse and cases in Mineral County and shared the transistion process for the Public Health Nurse position - Current Public Health Nurse, Joni Adelman will be going on maternity leave on July 1 and a fill-in has been found for that time frame
- Ambulance License was renewed for the Upper San Juan Health District
- Commissioners voted on a resolution to oppose Initiative 16 (PAUSE) Click here to read resolution.
- Commissioners, after consultation with the County Attorney, voted unanimously to close the County portion of Bee McClure Drive to OHV and ATV use
For questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact the County Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-658-2360.